Monday, December 31, 2012

pink eye, conjunctivitis in our 2 and 5 year olds

I think one of the worst things as a parent is not being able to take away their sicknesses or instantly heal them. And for us, pink eye was that sickness that makes you feel so awful because other than eye drops there really isn't much you can do. Our 5 year old daughter got it the worst, and first. From there it got my husband and then our 2 year old son. The first morning Lillie e woke up with, what we call "sleepy seeds" some people call them eye crusties or eye boogers. She said her eyes were feeling tired and by about 10 that morning her eyes were very bloodshot, and eye lids were extremely swollen. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be Pink Eye until I mentioned it to my husband (sometimes it just takes someone else to suggest it, and everything makes sense) but then her eyes were even more watery, and from there we went to urgent care...

Since it was Christmas Eve Eve, the 23 to be exact, of course we ended up waiting a good 2 hours just to get back to a room at Children's Hospital Urgent Care, which is usually really quick.  Anyway, so when we got to the hospital she had the green goo and the picture above was taken in the room right before we saw the doctor.  She had been saying her eyes were itchy all day and also informed the doctor that "her little brother tried to obliterate her with a screwdriver" (we had been talking about alliteration, and asked about obliteration so I tried to define the word and that's when the whole screwdriver story came from, lol) The doc prescribed her drops, and we were on our way.  She looked substantially better by the next day and I would say the symptoms were almost completely gone by a Christmas Day.  Christmas Day night my husband started with the scratchy irritated eyes and then he went through the same Conjunctivitis stuff as Lillie only his was in only his right eye.

This morning, our son woke up with the sleepy seeds, has had blood shot eyes today.  His eyes had some clear discharge today but this evening he's gotten the green goo.  We started him on the same drops that were prescribed to Lillie, my husband also got in on that action ;) but overall his temperament is pretty much the same.

So, overall I think the best I can recommend as a mother to another parent, caretaker, nanny, grandparent, aunt, cousin, friend, etc. I would say if they show any signs or symptoms get them in as soon as possible.

<3 Timmie


If you would like to tighten, tone and firm your body in 45 minutes, please check out my website at: getslimwithTimmieHansen.myitworks.com or send me a message there!  We also help fade stretch marks.

 Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment