Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolutions?

“This year, make a commitment to be authentic. Get naked with your truth, offering the world your greatest gift: your authentic self”—Gabrielle Bernstein
I think this is a fantastic idea.  Spotted this quote and it inspired me to take care of somethings that I've been holding back on. So here is my list and as long as I'm holding true to them I will leave them, otherwise, I'll mark through it like this. Here goes: 
  • Remember to continue to be thankful for the little things.   Not a day goes by that I don't wake up with the intention to accomplish something great, whether it's checking off every item off a list of 20+ things or that day the biggest challenge is just getting up out of the right side of the bed--rare but it does happen.  So this year I WILL BE THANKFUL, every day, for at least one thing, big or small.
  • Keep moving.  This year has been very productive, athletically speaking. I have run a 5k, 7k, 10k, and a half marathon, after only competing in 5k's all my life, I've come to realize I actually love the longer distances.  So whether it's Insanity, running or yoga, just move!  But this also goes for simply enjoying the movement in every day, remembering to be thankful for the home I have to clean, the laundry and dishes that need done, and the kiddos that need to be loved, chases and played with.  Who doesn't love a tea party with a precious 5 year old and her little brother?
  • Be true. This goes along with the quote above.  I think I usually do pretty well encouraging the children to be themselves. Especially Lillie, since she's in kindergarten and learning new social skills I want her to thrive as her own person.  But I think it's also time I come to terms with the fact that I should just be authentically me.
  • No more yelling in our home.  Our family has a bad habit of yelling upstairs or downstairs to get another person's attention.  Not only that, but I may or may not have this thing about reminding the kids to stop jumping on Lillie's bed upstairs by hollering up to her "you guys need to stop jumping, I'm not going to tell you again."  At which point, I'm reminded once again, I have become my mother ;)  (Which is an absolutely wonderful thing, I have nothing but love, admiration and respect for such a strong beautiful woman.)

    There you have it.  My ambitions for 2013.  And hubby and I will be bringing in the new year in true parenting fashion.  We are going to order Applebee's carside to go (for me: the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shirmp under 550 calories of course).  Then spend the last hours giggling and running around with the munchkins until one of the following events occurs. Rick and I end up crashing out and send the kids, who are still bouncing off the wall from the homemade Chex Muddy Buddies, to bed at 10:36 and following suit right after.  Or the kids crash our early, in which case Rick and I will be lounging around, probably turn on "How I met your mother" or a new "Movie On Demand."  Maybe, possibly, probably---we'll all make it until midnight and whoot and holler at the sight of the ball dropping, hug eachother, and head to bed at around 1:13 on January 1, 2013.
     
     
    <3 Timmie


    If you would like to tighten, tone and firm your body in 45 minutes, please check out my website at: getslimwithTimmieHansen.myitworks.com or send me a message there!  We also help fade stretch marks.

     Thank you!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment