Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Laundry detergent made with love

Today in my blog I'm doing my first how to. And in case you didn't catch it in the title it's how to make homemade laundry detergent. It is so inexpensive, works well, and super simple. The only "hard" part is breaking up the bars of soap. Here are the costs of everything to make 2.5 gallons of detergent, I fill 4 of our containers and thought they were each a gallon but I stand corrected.

Fels Naptha soap (2 bars):   $.97 each   (you can also use Zote Soap, it all depends on which one your store carries)
Borax (1 76oz box):   $3.38
Arm & Hammer washing soda (1 55oz box):   $3.24
Arm & Hammer baking soda (1 4lb box):   $2.12
Oxyclean (1 3lb tub):   $7.52    (I have also heard of using the generic brand but I haven't personally tried it yet.)
Pyrex Crystals laundry enhancer (1-2  55oz bottle):   $8.96
All you do is dump all the ingredients into a huge container, I use a 15 gallon sorage container just to make it easier to mix. Like I said the only part that actually requires effort is breaking up the soap, I used a food processor this time but you can also use a cheese grater. The kids really like to help mix everything, I would suggest having them stand back while you're adding all the powders because I worry about them inhaling the "powder puffs" as we call them. 




As










<3 Timmie


If you would like to tighten, tone and firm your body in 45 minutes, please check out my website at: getslimwithTimmieHansen.myitworks.com or send me a message there!  We also help fade stretch marks.

 Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment